Improve your research (SCIENCE/SUND)
NB! This is a two-day course. Attendance both November 5th and 8th 2018 is necessary to receive credits.
Last registration date
This academic library course will improve the participants’ skills in performing systematic searches for information and literature and understanding comprehensive search strategies.
The course will provide insight into different copyright issues within the scope of research and publishing, and shed light on the different types of open access publishing with a view to get a broader outreach and make research openly available.
Furthermore, the participants will learn how bibliometric and altmetric indicators are used to evaluate researchers as well as how researchers can use the indicators to promote their research.
The participants will be introduced how to manage the portfolio of research activities in the registration and information system, CURIS.
The participants will also gain knowledge of how to deal with research data in planning their data management via the DMPonline service.
See the full schedule of lessons below.
Timetables and lectures:
Please note, the programme is subject to change
Language, form and ECTS
English – Lectures, exercises, discussion and curriculum literature giving 1 ECTS
Coffee/tea and a sandwich will be provided.
KUB Research Support - email@example.com
November 5th and 8th 2018
’Faculty Lounge’, CSS 35-3-20 at the Faculty of Social Sciences (Øster Farimagsgade 5).
Please note that the Faculty Lounge is easiest accessible from Gammeltoftsgade - see map here.
Preparation and workload
- All enrolling PhD students will receive an electronic form containing preparatory questions that has to be filled in before course start. It is obligatory to fill in this form. The submissions will only be used on an aggregated level. Individual responses will only be used when specific permission is granted
- Make sure that you are connected to the institutional Wi-Fi, Eduroam
- Between the two course days, estimate two hours homework to work with your data management plan
PhD Students from the Faculty of Science and Health, University of Copenhagen. Researchers are also welcomed.
Maximum registrations: 35 participants on each course – first come, first served.
Please note: If you want to attend the course, but aren't affiliated with University of Copenhagen, you need to apply for participation via firstname.lastname@example.org
To cancel please use the link you received when you signed up or write to email@example.com
- 8:30 - 13:00
- CSS: 35-3-20 Faculty Lounge
- CSS: Øster Farimagsgade 5, 1353 København K