Academic Literature Search (English)
This course will take place in English (unless all attendees prefer it in Danish).
The course gives a fundamental introduction in integrating literature/information search as an academic and systematised discipline within your academic writing process.
The teaching takes a hermeneutic approach to literature search, and will introduce you to:
- Academic concept clarification
- Examination of a research field
- Developing subject specific vocabularies and search terms
- Boolean operators
- The use of academic databases
We will strive to make time for hands-on learning, but we cannot guarantee there will be time for this in our limited time slot. We therefore recommend for our participants to subsequently (preferably right after the course) set aside time to work with the curriculum.
Please note: We will start exactly at 10:00. (No “academic quarter”.)
Related LibGuide: Digital Social Science Lab by Birgitte Munk
- 10:00 - 12:00
- Digital Social Science Lab
- SAMF: Det Samfundsvidenskabelige Fakultetsbibliotek, Gothersgade 140, 1123 København K