Update your academic publishing toolbox - PhD course for SCIENCE/SUND
- from publication to dissemination, evaluation and reuse
Scholarly publishing is a cornerstone of the scientific professions and the universities they are affiliated with. This course provides insights to different facets around scientific research publishing. Through different presentations, the participants will get knowledge on topics such as
- Copyright in publishing
- Creative Commons licences
- Open access publishing
- Bibliometric and altmetric indicators
- Research impact and evaluation
- Registration and management of research activities in CURIS
- Data management planning
The course is a combination of presentations, discussions and exercises
Participation all day (8:45-15:30) is required to receive credit.
Please note: After participation, you will receive a diploma that you need to forward to the PhD school at your faculty to receive credit. Some faculties/PhD schools require PhD students to use FrontPlanner when allocating ECTS credits, so make sure how it works at your faculty/PhD school.
Copenhagen University Library Research Support - email@example.com
Morning: Coffee, tea and croissants
Afternoon: Coffee, tea and cake
Faculty Lounge’, CSS 35-3-20 at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Copenhagen K
Please note: The Faculty Lounge is easiest accessible from Gammeltoftsgade - see map here.
Preparation and workload
- All enrolling PhD students will receive an electronic form containing preparatory questions that has to be filled in before course start. It is obligatory to fill in this form. The submissions will only be used on an aggregated level. Individual responses will only be used when specific permission is granted.
- Before course start, enrolling PhD students will receive a list of curriculum and a data management assignment in order to prepare for the course
- Make sure that you are connected to the institutional Wi-Fi, Eduroam
PhD students from SCIENCE and SUND, University of Copenhagen. Academic staff (VIP) is also welcomed.
Please note: If you are not affiliated with University of Copenhagen, but want to attend the course, apply for participation here.
Last day for registration
Cancellation must be done 5 days prior course start via the link you received when you signed up or by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is also offered April 29 at CSS. Read more.
- 8:45 - 15:30
- CSS: 35-3-20 Faculty Lounge
- CSS: Øster Farimagsgade 5, 1353 København K