R and APIs - Statistics Denmark In-Person
APIs provide access to a multitude of information.
In this course we cover how to extract data though APIs using the Statistics Denmark and i can haz dad joke APIs as examples.
The course material can be found on this website. Please make sure that you have followed the under "Setup" to install R and RStudio as well as some additional packages.
The course requires some previous knowledge of R. We will assume that you are familiar with:
- Navigating in RStudio, and how to interact with R
- Datatypes, variables and objects
- Simple arithmetic and logical operations on data
- Working with functions - and how to write a very simple function ourself
- Import data into R
- Summary statistics
- Manipulating data frames
These topics are covered in our introductory courses in R.
- 10:00 - 12:30
- Time Zone:
- Central European Time (change)
- KUB Datalab - Samf
- SAMF: Det Samfundsvidenskabelige Fakultetsbibliotek, Gothersgade 140, 1123 København K